Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer TV

USA has done a marvelous job at creating a TV brand perfect for summer. For most of the year, we tend towards the dark--crime thrillers, post-apocalyptic sci fi, black comedies. Most recently I'd add rainy as well as we faithfully followed The Killing. But since dog days have finally kicked in here in the great white North, we've turned our attention to the bright, blue charm of the USA network. When I gave the boys a choice between Alphas and Burn Notice. It was Burn Notice. When I offered Torchwood, they chose White Collar. And I couldn't argue with them because I too am seduced by the uber-charming USA gentlemen.

Of course, we haven't shaken our taste for the dark. Falling Skies is watched religiously in the household as will Rescue Me. And when September comes around, we'll be viewing Miami through a lens much darker than that of Burn Notice.

No comments: