Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hearing the Voice and Feeling the Dance

While feeling warm and fuzzy listening to Blake gush over Dia Frampton during the finale of The Voice, I realized that I did in fact like the show. And I liked it because of the apparent emotional connections forged between the coaches and their wanna-be stars. I recognized the blatant manipulation on the part of the show's creators, but watching others be nurtured is just so darn enjoyable.

Although the dancers in So You Think You Can Dance aren't assigned coaches, they are guided each week by choreographers. Magic really does happen when the choreographer is inspired by her dancers and the dancers are pushed by the choreographer. Last night I felt that ever so pleasurable tug on my heart watching Mark and Melanie make that magic happen through Napolean and Tabitha's movement.

No comments: